Sunday, January 5, 2014

Footy season is on its way back! - By Mary

Here we are friends - 2014.

This is one of my favourite times of the year. Summer in Sydney is magic to start off with. The weather is magic, the cricket is on and the whole of Sydney shines for the Sydney festival.

It's also when the new year ticks over that you start to realise that the NRL season is not very far away. I was even more so reminded of this fact when my Parramatta Eels membership pack arrived today.
 
When I tore off the packaging of my membership pack (all with a ridiculous grin on my face), I felt a couple of feelings, but mostly an overwhelming sense of anticipation. Footy is on its way back.

While you could be forgiven for thinking that I wouldn't be looking forward to the 2014 season because of Parramatta's dismal results last year, you couldn't be further from the truth.  When I remember back to Season 2013, it is all beginning to become like a distant memory. I remember something about troubles at a board level, sackings and mass player movements…. but that was all so 2013.
 
It is a new year and a new season and with a new season come endless possibilities. While Parramatta might not be Premiership favourites, at this stage, anything is possible. Parramatta lost a lot at the end of last year, including some of my favourites like Matt Keating and Matt Ryan however, we go into Season 2014 with lots of new as well. This will be our first year with a new board, a new coach and new players like Will Hopoate, Nathan Peats and Liam Foran.

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting more stories, giddy with excitement that NRL is returning.

I am perhaps most excited about this blog though. We will have a new website by the time the new season rolls around and this will be our first year where we will be blogging from season beginning to season end.

I hope you'll be there with me, every step of the way.

Love,

@LadiesWhoLeague

No comments:

Post a Comment