Friday, July 26, 2013

Jarryd Hayne - Blue & Gold or Green & Gold? - By Hayley

I just want to start off by disclosing that I am a massive Jarryd Hayne fan. I always find myself defending him until I'm blue in the face. It's something I know I'm doing but I just keep doing it.

Last night Ricky stated that he was going to check with Tim Sheens on whether he wants Jarryd rested so he's fit for the World Cup. I would just like to point out that Ricky never said he's resting Jarryd so he can play in the World Cup. He said he'll speak to Tim Sheens to see what he thinks and will decide from there. A part of me thinks that Ricky is just putting this out there to plant the thought in Tim Sheens mind of Jarryd being selected. Either way, this seems to have caused an uproar from Parramatta fans. Here is exactly what Ricky said, I got this from the Triple M website.


It's not as bad as you first thought was it? The Australian side comment was just as passing comment, the main issue was about making sure he's 100%. I think where Ricky is coming from is; everyone wants Jarryd back to help out the team but Ricky doesn't want to bring him back if he's not 100% when our season is already over.

Last night I had numerous discussions with different people on twitter over why I'm ok with Jarryd being rested. As I mentioned above, the Australian side comment was just a passing comment, however my discussions always came back to why should Jarryd be rested so he can play in the Australian side. I'll humour you all with my point of view even though I don't think that's the main reason Jarryd is being rested...

As a Parramatta fan, I can see everyone's point of view on wanting him to play for the people who pay his wages. Is it cheeky of me to point out that the Kangaroo's will also be paying his wages as he gets paid to play for Australia? Anyway, as a Jarryd Hayne fan, I want him playing for Australia again. I know this is selfish but Parramatta's season is over. It looks as though Jarryd won't be ready until the last 2-3 rounds. Why risk him and have him miss out on a rebirth in the Australian squad. I've said in the past that Parramatta won't win another game until Jarryd is back so I know full well what resting Jarryd means for us. I'm still ok with this though.

Hamstrings a very risky, he can't come back until he's absolutely 100% otherwise he risks re-injuring it and making it worse than when he first injured it. I'm happy for him to spend the extra time on the sideline the eliminate this risk.

Playing for Australia is the highest achievement in Rugby League, although some might argue that it's winning a Grand Final, or playing for your state in State of Origin. Why can't Jarryd be selfish just this once so he can go after his dream and do us all proud representing his country?

I know a lot of you won't agree with me and that's ok. I truly can see your point of view. I just wanted to put my point of view out there. Jarryd Hayne seems to divide a lot of people and this will be no different. Who knows, Tim Sheens might turn around and say he wasn't going to pick Jarryd anyway and this will all be for nothing. I hope that's not the case though! Just keep in mind, the Australian side isn't the only reason Jarryd is being rested. The main reason is his own well being.

Love,

@LadiesWhoLeague

No comments:

Post a Comment