Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Brad Arthur: More Than Just A Job - By Hayley

After reading the article on Brad Arthur in the smh today, I have been left with hope. It's the type of hope that fills me at the beginning of every NRL season. It's the same hope that gets torn away from me by the middle of the season these last few years.

I didn't want to go into season 2014 with any expectations. The feeling of having that hope torn away from me for another year is just too much to bear. However, as we are closing in on the 2014 pre-season, I read an article about an interview with Brad Arthur that brings me right back to where I was at the start of the 2013 season.

I'm once again confident that Parramatta will do better this year. This is exactly how I didn't want to feel, I don't want to get my hopes up yet again. I think 2014 will be different though. Why is that? Because, to Brad Arthur this is not just a job. It's not just an opportunity to be a first grade coach in the NRL. It's a dream. It’s not a dream because he’s finally a head coach in the NRL. It’s a dream because he’s the head coach at Parramatta. This is why I think Parramatta will not be the wooden spooners in 2014.

Brad Arthur is fulfilling his dream of not only being a first grade coach but coaching a club where he grew up. He is a Parramatta junior and this is why it means so much more for him. I'm excited to have a coach who has a passion for Parramatta that is on another level to any other coach. I'm confident that passion for the club & the players will turn into great results on the field.

My hopes aren't as high as winning the Grand Final but I'm confident of not being on the bottom of that ladder & having another year added to the wooden spoon that my boyfriend has made for me.

What I also like about Brad Arthur is that he has confidence in the players. Ricky kept saying that we don't have the cattle to do the job. I can only imagine that would be tough for the players to hear and very demotivating. Brad is the total opposite, he is positive that he is taking on a team that is better than 16th place on the ladder. The players want him there. One player has even told me that Brad Arthur has been his favourite coach over his career. Having a coach that the players want to play for will make a huge difference.

There's no doubt it's going to be a tough task. Parramatta is a broken club at the moment & is crying out for stability. One of the reasons they are in this mess is due to the lack of stability in the coaching ranks. They are constantly rebuilding because they keep having new coaches come in & trying to implement their own strategy & not being able to see it out. The club needs to stick by Brad Arthur. They need to realise it's not going to be a quick fix after being down the bottom for so long.

Here's hoping for a better 2014 Parramatta fans!

Love,

@LadiesWhoLeague

No comments:

Post a Comment