Friday, October 25, 2013

Eric, the Comeback Kid - By Hayley

This afternoon I read something on twitter that I never thought I'd ever read. Eric Grothe Jnr is making a comeback! When Eric made the decision to retire back in 2010 he was so young & I always hoped he would come back.

Eric is one of the nice guys of league. He never let the fame get to his head. He was & still is so down to earth. You don't see many NRL players who follow back pretty much everyone who follows them on twitter. Not only does he follow back but he interacts with his fans.

With this news will come speculation about which club he will sign with. In Eric's podcast of the Offence where he announced the wonderful news, Eric alluded to the fact that he's in talks with a few different clubs. You can listen to the full chat here http://punterspodcast.com.au/the-offense-episode-11-eric-grothe-jnr-nrl-comeback/

As a Parramatta supporter, I really do hope we can fit him in next year. I would absolutely love for him to be in the Blue & Gold next year. I would also love to see him get another chance to wear the Blues jersey again.

I would love to see Eric play in the NRL again so let's hope he can find a club that has room for him in first grade. I really do hope he gets the fairy tale comeback he deserves.

Love,

@LadiesWhoLeague

No comments:

Post a Comment