Saturday, June 29, 2013

Curse or Coincidence? - By Hayley

Hope you're all having a great weekend! Here's a light hearted post for a rainy Sunday.

As I mentioned in my first post on Ladies Who League, I have been been a Parramatta supporter for as long as I can remember. I was born into a family of Parramatta supporters* so it was inevitable.

As much as I love the Eels, I'm starting to think I am a curse on them! I was born in 1987, the year after Parramatta's last Grand Final win, coincidence, or not?

I became  Season Ticket Holder for the first time in 2011. Parramatta have been towards the bottom of the ladder ever since (except for after Round 1 this season (let's take a moment to remember those happy times)), coincidence or not?

My favourite players either sign elsewhere or get dropped, coincidence or not?

Some other non-Parramatta related curses I have had recently are:
  • my name appearing on Blake Ferguson's jersey in Origin Game 1 (need I say more); and
  • my name appearing on Luke Lewis' jersey in Origin Game 2 (he injured his shoulder).
I am considering calling up GIO to revoke my entry for Game 3!

I might be lucky when it comes to winning competitions but it certainly hasn't transferred to a football team. Maybe I should take one for the team and start going for a team that I hate...

Love,

@LadiesWhoLeague

*except my younger brother who jumped ship as a kid and became a Penrith supporter. He took exception to the fact that I mentioned my whole family were Parramatta supporters! Sorry Nathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment