Sunday, June 16, 2013

Kick Off - By Mary

Hello everyone and welcome to my new blog. I am so excited about this first post.

I was inspired / encouraged to start this blog a couple of weeks ago by some of my work colleagues.

My name is Mary. I am a 24 year old lawyer who is a little bit crazy about rugby league... especially the Parramatta Eels.

I began supporting the Parramatta Eels in 1998. Over the years, the Parramatta Eels have become one of my greatest loves in life. I have watched them through times of tremendous sadness and there have also been periods of tremendous joy (but more on this later).

My love for the Eels has helped me to become extremely passionate about rugby league and Australia's NRL competition. Despite my love of NRL, it disappoints me at times especially in regard to the way that females who love rugby league are not only disproportionately represented at the highest levels of the game but also the way the way the NRL caters towards its female fans.

I hope that this blog can make a small difference. I am only one person, but I know many more like me. Over the next few weeks I hope to get some more of my female friends to post about the big issues in NRL and their love of what I believe is the greatest game of all.

I feel like women have a unique view on a lot of the issues that touch Rugby League but that these views aren't getting out there. It is my hope that this blog can be the start of women feeling like they can make meaningful contributions to the conversations happening about Rugby League in Australia.

Till my next blog,


Love,

@LadiesWhoLeague

4 comments:

  1. Hi NPE!

    Just a quick comment to let you know that I already love this and my girlfriend might too. She'll agree with the whole female aspect you've taken. Just not the Parramatta part. =P

    Much love!

    Dave.
    @sootster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave!

    My first comment - you are amazing.

    I hope your girlfriend gets into it - maybe she would even like to write something of her own!

    I'll try not to be too biased towards Parramatta.

    Thanks for the love and support!

    - MK x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Mary
    If anyone can do this you can ....
    JennyC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jenny! You and your family have always been such tremendous supporters of me! xx

    ReplyDelete