Sunday, August 25, 2013

Keep Calm and Support Your Team - By Mary

My goodness it is difficult being a football fan sometimes.

This afternoon, I sat in front of my television, with slightly glazed and teary eyes, watching my beloved Parramatta Eels lose 64-4 to Melbourne.

I would by lying if I said that I am feeling anything but shattered as I write this blog.

As you all know I absolutely love the Parramatta Eels. There are no words for how I feel about my team - the excitement when they are doing well, the disappointment and the heartache when they are going through tough times and pride, always.

I have blogged many times this season that I have found my interest in the NRL wavering. However, this afternoon, I watched my team play with far more interest than I have in a couple of weeks. This afternoon, I truly felt for my team. It was shattering to see the look on Tim Mannah's face when Billy the Kid went over for another try. It was horrible to see the look on Ryan Morgan's face when Melbourne scored again to take the score line up past 50. Its clear that my boys are doing it really tough at the moment.

Over the years I have learnt however, that the best thing I can do is stop and say, I am a Parramatta supporter. I am a Parramatta supporter through the good times and the bad times. The bad times make the good times absolutely and ridiculously amazing. It is just unfortunate that the Eels have had to hit rock bottom for a second year in a row, hopefully before turning a corner and improving next year.

I love my team and will continue to support them, no matter how difficult it gets. I promise.

Love,

@LadiesWhoLeague

No comments:

Post a Comment