Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Road to the Finals - By Sammy

We are delighted to welcome another contributor to our family today, @SaintlySammi - make sure you send her a tweet and let her know what you thought of her story.

____________________________________________________

It's 3 weeks to go until the finals, and with my beloved Dragons having more injured players than competition points, I've made the executive decision I need to work out my team to bandwagon.
 
Now, I don't subscribe to this theory of "You can only support ONE team and you may not have any warm and fuzzy feelings towards another team!" because lets face it, if you do that - what fun is rugby league? 
 
In 2009 we boarded the Hayne Trayne/Playne as it blitzed the second half of the season and pulled into ANZ on Grand Final Day. In 2003 we had the fairytale of the Penrith Panthers & the Sydney Roosters. 
 
We all love an underdog and a cause to champion, so below are my completely biased and unobjective musings as I try to work out my finals bandwagon to join.
 
Sydney Roosters 
 
Pros: Short shorts, Sonny Bill Williams arms, Mitchell Pearce's existence,short shorts... ok ok I'll stop being a pervert! How awesome will it be to hear Rabs rattle off the 38928392 names each player has?? 
 
Cons: We can't jolly well want the team who's likely to finish first to be in the Grand Final now, can we? Unstrayan. Has to be a battler!
 
Souths 
 
Pros: Well it's been what 30 odd years since they've been in a GF? So I guess that's nice if they made it... 
 
Cons: EVERYONE will be on the Souths Bandwagon... Pride of the League... Russell Crowe.. The March.. totes too mainstream. #rebel #swag #yolo
 
Storm
 
Pros: The amaze poetry that Cooper Cronk will be inspired to write with a victory. And how cute are Cam Smith's kids!
 
Cons: They're in every single Grand Final... new material plz!
 
Sea Eagles
 
Pros: .... well I do like Keiran Foran, I like to think that one day him and David Shillington will have a TV show where they drive around the countryside and talk about antiques over wine and cheese. Also, Tooves gives good press conference. 
 
Cons: It's Manly. 
 
Bulldogs
 
Pros: When Josh Morris smiles, angels sing. 
 
Cons: The inevitable DJ Yellah skits...
 
Sharks
 
Pros: Triumph over peptide adversity, 46 years and won nothing, and seriously, can't Captain Gallen just win SOMETHING???
 
Cons: I fear a Football God may smite me, a St George Supporter, for considering this route...
 
Knights 
 
Pros: Jeremy Smith, Beau Scott, Darius Boyd, Neville Costigan... have prior Grand Final Experience. In a Red V. With sideline support from Adam Cuthbertson & Alex McKinnon. #JustSayin Plus I do adore Robbie Rochow, Korbin Sims and Jarrod Mullen... oh my god when did I become a Knights supporter???
 
Cons: I live in Newcastle... 
 
Gold Coast 
 
Pros: The most likeable Qld team, would be a great boost for the region if the Titans were in the finals race.
 
Cons: Still angry at Myles for headbutting Gal first in Origin. 
 
Raiders
 
Pros: David Shillington. The greatest theme song in the league.... "Mighty mean, green machine!".
 
Cons: The greatest theme song in the league will never leave our heads. 
 
Broncos
 
Pros: .. uhm... ahh... hmmm... uhhh... well one chap from that team went awesome for my Supercoach?
 
Cons: QLD team. Yes, I am that petty!
 
So I shall now talk to a few Wagon dealers, do a few test drives and see which one I should join! I think the Roosters, Bulldogs & Knights are leading the way.
 
Which bandwagon will you be jumping on this year?
 
Love,
 
@LadiesWhoLeague

No comments:

Post a Comment