Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Glory Bound: The South Sydney Rabbitohs - By Rochelle

From an early age in 1980, a 6 year old girl would dress in her favourite South Sydney supporter gear. Often I would be mistaken for a boy and be called Mate a lot but it still didn't worry me, I was at Redfern Oval with my dad cheering on my beloved South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Over the years, we have gone from ground to ground, up the freeway, down the freeway and back again - each year we never made the finals.

Flash forward to 2013 and this is definately the best year I have ever experienced as a Souths supporter.

I am sharing the experience with my 4 kids - who have equally adopted this team with pride and passion - we are South Sydney supporters until we die.

We dress up in our supporter gear, we cheer on loudly and proudly. We have sat in the burrow and cheered our team home. This is our year and we can't be prouder of our team.

This week we tackle Manly - onwards to victory and onwards to a date with the Grand Final. We have our tickets ready to go and we can't be more excited.

South Sydney Til We Die.

Love,

@LadiesWhoLeague

No comments:

Post a Comment