Sunday, September 8, 2013

Time for finals fever - By Mary

The time has come NRL fans. After toughing it out for 26 rounds September has finally arrived. Next week signals the beginning of the NRL finals for our top 8 for 2013.

It has certainly been a roller coaster of a season. There have been some tremendous battles, plenty of controversial decisions and plenty of magic from our favourite NRL superstars.

But now that September has arrived, it truly is a different ball game. There is nothing quite like finals football.

As a passionate Parramatta fan, finals football is something that I have missed out on since 2009 and I can truly say, that I miss watching Parramatta play (or choke) come this time of the year.

As a fan, nothing is more exciting than finals football. Knowing that your team has earned the right to compete for that trophy at the end of the year ignites something which is absent for the rest of the year. Absolute passion, absolute hunger and absolute desire.

I so miss that feeling in my belly before watching my team run out for what might be the last time for the year. I miss covering my eyes as the opposition makes a break down the line. I miss the pride I feel when watching another emphatic tackle, another crisp pass to the wing and another perfectly placed kick. Most of all however, I miss the joy on my boys' faces as they work hard for each other to live to fight another week.

To all the fans out there that still have teams in the finals, I urge you not to take it for granted. Enjoy every single moment and soak up the fabulous atmosphere's you'll be experiencing over the next few weeks. Most of all however, get out there and show your true colours. Get out there with flags waving, screaming slogans and painting faces. Your team needs your support.

This Eel will be jumping on the Roosters bandwagon and praying that next year her beloved Eels will be featured come September.

To everyone with a team that remains, I truly wish you the best of luck. We look forward to many more fabulous blogs about what should be a tremendous final series.

Love,

@LadiesWhoLeague 


No comments:

Post a Comment