Thursday, September 12, 2013

Reflection Time - By Mary

It's been a big month here at @LadiesWhoLeague. We are absolutely delighted to have welcomed to many new followers, to have had so many visitors to our site and to hear so many positive messages of support about the articles we are writing. We are humbled by the support we have received and we are very excited about watching the site grow over the coming months.

We'll have a brand new website for the 2014 season and welcome and ideas and suggestions you might have.

Whenever I see the site grow, I feel it is important to reiterate our goal.

I am passionate about Rugby League. While I am first and foremost a Parramatta supporter I also identify as an NRL appreciator. There is no sport I feel more passionate about and it was for this reason that Ladies Who League was born.

Rugby League is still a very male dominated arena. This is in terms of coaching, management and administration. I feel like women have strong voices and a lot to contribute but I often feel like our voices aren't heard. Ladies Who League is here to change this.

We look forward to hearing all your voices over the coming months.

In other @LadiesWhoLeague news, last night myself and @hayles_maher_ attended the Parramatta Eels Presentation Night.

While some of my posts of late may have suggested a bit of frustration in relation to my club, last night absolutely reiterated for me the reason that I love my club so much.

I will always be proud to be a Parramatta supporter. Through thick and thin I will stand by the individuals that make the club what it is. Players like Ben Smith, Mitchell Allgood, Ryan Morgan, Tim Mannah and Darcy Lussick are wonderful players and even better representatives of my club. Coupled with the very passionate people who work for the Club, it was a wonderful way to end a season which probably won't be very fondly remembered.  

We are a proud club, rich in history and tradition and I am confident that we will see results soon.

Highlights of the evening included:

- saying farewell to Matt Keating and thanking him for his tremendous contribution to our club. We also met his beautiful fiance Joss and were pleased to wish them both well;

- meeting Andrew Voss and spreading the @LadiesWhoLeague love;

- listening to Ricky Stuart talk about what a proud club Parramatta is and about the future of the Club,

- remembering season 2013 and celebrating the individual effors and contributions of our players, particularly men like Tim Mannah and Darcy Lussick who won awards.

I've included some photos of the night - guess who is who!

I'm really looking forward to an exciting week of Finals Football ahead.

Thanks for spreading the @LadiesWhoLeague love and remember:

Read it. Love it. Then share it.

@LadiesWhoLeague

P.S. Remember you can always send us some love at ladieswholeague@gmail.com















 

No comments:

Post a Comment