Thursday, September 19, 2013

Jeff Robson, an unsung hero - By Mary

Happy Friday readers of Ladies Who League.

After two days with little content produced (apologies for that), I thought it was time to flick through the papers this morning to see what was happening in the world of NRL.

As most of you know, I am a person who really appreciates an underdog, so you cannot imagine my delight when I read Michael Carayannis's article this morning about Jeff Robson. You can check the article out here.

Many of you will know that Jeff Robson used to play at Parramatta. He became one of my favourite players in 2009 and also a player I tremendously respected.

Jeff Robson is a man who genuinely loves to play rugby league, so much so that before finding a home at Parramatta and then Cronulla, he moved from club to club looking for one year contracts.

He is a player that works his backside off each and every game. While he may not have the raw talent of a Greg Inglis or a Jarryd Hayne, he always gives it 100 per cent for his team and for his mates on the field. He is a strong defender and an unnoticed hero, who always gets the job done to the best of his ability. 

Tonight as he puts on his boots for his Sharkies, he will play his 25th game of the season - the most he has ever played in one year. 

I am absolutely delighted for Jeff - a true underdog and a player that always gives it 100 per cent.

I wish him well for his game this weekend and will certainly be cheering from him from my lounge.

Love 

@LadiesWhoLeague






No comments:

Post a Comment