Tuesday, September 10, 2013

It's Not So Good In the Hood - By Hayley

Those of you that know me will know that Mitch Allgood is one of my favourite players. Not only is he great on the field but I have had the opportunity to get to know him off the field and he is a great person. You can imagine my shock this morning when I found out Mitch had been arrested for mid range drink driving.

For Mitch, 2013 has been a year that has seen his profile grow due to a couple of on-field incidents. Now his profile is going to grow even more and for the wrong reasons. I am very disappointed in his actions but I’m sure the person who is most disappointed is himself. Whatever punishment is handed down from the NRL is nothing compared to what could have happened.

What I do find odd is that he was apparently picked up by Police really close to his house. It’s not really a main road which makes me think they were there waiting for him. Either way it’s lucky they picked him up before anything extreme happened.

I'm sure he will now be branded one of the bad boys of the NRL which I find hard to comprehend because that's just not him. I'm sure there will also be calls for Mad Monday to be scrapped. Well Mad Monday was scrapped for the Eels; they still went out drinking anyway. You can ban Mad Monday but it's not going to stop the players from going out and celebrating. All they would be banning is the reference.

Mitch is a great kid and I’m sure is very remorseful for what he did. I have no doubt he will learn from his mistake and we will not see anything like this again from him. I would like to see him work hard to turn things around and be remembered for the great things he does in the community and not for this incident.

Love,

@LadiesWhoLeague

No comments:

Post a Comment